Direct Life Insurance Work Experience
18th May 2016 – 29th May 2016
• I undertook a 2-week work experience placement at Direct Life Insurance in Chichester. I commuted via train and worked 8-hour days for two weeks.
• Gained general work experience with various teams at Direct Life including the finance department, mailroom and deliveries and the call centre.
• My time was dedicated to being part of the IT support team, which involved repairing computers and servicing equipment, deploying new computers to the network and maintaining sever equipment.
• Shadowed the IT team during a ransomware system breach.
• Throughout my tech-support role, I was in regular contact with workers on their computers, where communication was key to diagnose present issues with their systems and equipment.
Brantano Retail Sales Assistant
July 2016 – September 2016
• Employed at Brantano under a temporary contract for the ‘Back to School’ sale.
• Thrown in at the deep end, I adapted quickly to the challenges I faced – completely remodelling their stocking system and layout, and learning to use the till systems.
• I gained valuable experience with handling cash, working tills, engaging with customers, stocking shelves, managing delivered stock and keeping the store clean and tidy.
McDonalds UK – Crew Trainer
October 2016 – September 2019
• Was part of establishing a brand-new team at my new store.
• Developed expertise in areas ranging from food production through to customer service. I was a fully trained, experienced and reliable member of staff.
• I received the ‘Crew Member of the Month’ award in October 2017 recognising my reliability and teamwork skills.
• Followed by being promoted to ‘Crew Trainer’ in March 2018.
• Since then my role was to train new and existing staff and to manage the delivery of stock, for which my organisation and stock rotation skills were recognised by management.